We here at ANZ Heroes are proud to announce that we have teamed up with Blizzard ANZ to bring you an exciting new event called King of the Hill. Teams will have a chance to potentially walk away with hundreds of dollars in prize money… that is if they can keep the crown!
In this three week event challenger teams will come up against the ‘King’ in a best of one match. If the King wins, they will take the $100 and live on to fight the next challenger. If the challengers win, they will score themselves $100 and assume the position of King. The longer you stay in, the more cash your team could walk away with!
Here is a breakdown of how it will all work:
- The event will happen each Thursday night from 8pm AEST for three weeks.
- The first night will take place on Thursday, 21 July.
- There will be three games played during each Thursday session.
- The team who finishes the night as King will be crowned champion for the week and will retain that position the following week.
- Teams who sign up will be assigned a night. If they cannot make that night, they will go to the bottom of the list.
- Challengers who are knocked out can sign up again, but they will go to the bottom of the list.
- New teams can sign up during the event, but they will go to the bottom of the list.
- In the event of a King not showing up, we will assume they have been poisoned by their enemies and they will be moved to the bottom of the list. A new King will be selected from the remaining challengers and the next available team on the waiting list will be offered the free spot.
- The first King will be selected by ANZ Heroes.
- Teams on the waiting list are encouraged to be present and ready each night in case of late withdrawals.
- For a full list of rules, please visit the King of the Hill Event Rules page.
Tournament organiser Disconcur is very excited to be able to provide the community with a unique event that boasts one of the biggest prize pools ANZ Heroes has ever been able to offer.
“The King of a Hill series promises to be a fun and challenging event for teams to sink their teeth into, and the healthy cash prize prize pool that Blizzard ANZ have generously supplied adds another layer of competition to the format,” he said.
“I really hope that this quick and exciting event will give teams a chance to sort out rosters and get in a little extra practice before the Season Three qualifiers kick off soon.”
Viewers can tune in to watch the event live on http://www.twitch.tv/anzheroestv.